We’ll help you prepare and have the right pitch, financials and access. That means you get more time to run your business.
Double Digit Academy participants February 2013
The Double Digit Academy was created by CEO and experienced fundraiser Julia Pimsleur as a response to the alarming statistic that only 4% of Venture Capital in the U.S. is invested in women-run businesses. Julia founded the Academy to provide a time-efficient and cost -effective way for women to secure Venture Capital and grow their business.
The Academy is for women who are considering or embarking on raising Venture Capital. In a one-day intensive workshop women learn what kind of deck, pitch and financials will increase their chances of success, how to approach VCs, and benefit from one-on-one work with a public speaking coach. The Academy is offered quarterly, and accommodates up to eight participants.
Julia Pimsleur is the instructor of the Academy, and is joined by Bill Smartt, acclaimed public speaking coach. Julia is a veteran fundraiser and champion of women in business. She has raised over $25M of which $4.5M in venture and angel funding and $20M in philanthropic dollars. The Academy is her way of continuing to support and mentor women, and thereby help drive the number of women-owned, VC-funded businesses into the “double digits”.
Stats about VC funding and women in business:
- 30% of privately-held businesses in the U.S. are women-owned.
- 4% of venture capital invested in the U.S. goes to women-run companies.
- 1.8% of businesses in the U.S. generating over $1 million in revenues are women-run.
- Women are starting new companies at a rate 1.5 times higher than a national average.
- Though women make up half the U.S. population and represent 46% of the workforce, they make up a small percentage of the investment community. Fewer than 11% of partners at venture capital firms are women and fewer than 15% of angel investors.
- Among start-ups, 8% of the founders are women.
- In 2011, there were more than 8.1 million women-owned businesses generating almost $1.3 trillion in revenue and employing about 7.7 million people.
Double Digit Academy will increase your chances of successful fundraising, improve your presentation skills and save you months of research . Learn from experienced professionals and benefit from ongoing peer-to-peer learning with other women entrepreneurs.
Fortes Fortuna Juvat ! (Fortune Favors the Brave ) – Julia Pimsleur
Read Julia’s Blog on Forbes to find out where it all started:
Life in the 4%, or 10 things I wish I knew when I started raising venture capital
Questions? email: firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to see Dates and Rates